“I love working with the voice, teaching and singing, anything from original compositions, Singer/Songwriter, Rock, Metal, Pop, R&B, Jazz, Soul, Blues or Musical Theatre live on stage or studio. This is where my heart opens up because I can put myself into my clients’ situation and reflect on the best course of action to suit their needs or perspectives. So if you want to rock with me ping me and don’t be a stranger.”
The IVA technique is based on 17th and 18th Century principles of singing developed by the Old Italian School of Singing. Our goal is to train voices to sing in a free and natural manner, smoothly, from the bottom of the range to the top with no breaks or sudden changes in quality. Training in this technique gives the singer access to all dynamics, with tonal clarity and flexibility. Also, training in this technique helps improve a singer’s range, endurance, stamina, breath control, resonance, vocal strength and vocal quality across all styles of music without fatigue or damage to the voice. We accomplish these results by training the singer to find a balance between airflow and intrinsic muscular resistance, all within a resting laryngeal posture.
- How does the voice work
- Muscle function of the vocal folds
- How can regular vocal training help you to get the freedom to sing what you want
- Resonance in relation to getting the tone you are looking for and how, in some cases, the use of "vowel modification" temporarily can help you to find your first steps on your "Mix" phonation
- We will unleash all the bad myths about Breathing techniques, and find out what you need to work on, and on what exercises you are wasting your time and energy on
- What are vocal registers, and how to get from the lower part of your range to the higher notes without breaks or shouting and how to increase your vocal range.
- How to work on vocal dynamics, learn ornamentation & enhance your style
- Performance Technique, what to do when it is your time to deliver and everyone is watching
- Vocal Health, what are the things that help your voice, and what are the things your should avoid, another topic full of bad myths we want to break
- Applications and theory that will help you to unleash your voice